Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ramblings on the Why Game *squirm*

When I was younger I used to babysit these kids. One of them loved to play what I call the why game. It drove me insane. In the why game what happens is the kid asks a question and the adult answers. The kid then takes that answer and turns it into a why question. for example:

Q: what's your favorite color?
A: Blue
Q: why is that your favorite color?
A: Because the sky is blue.
Q: why is the sky blue?

You can see that it can get more complicated from there. Eventually I usually just had to tell the kid to shut up and go to bed.

But I have been thinking a lot about the Why Game lately. I've even started playing it with myself. I like to think it is a modified more mature version...but I'm probably wrong. It always seems to lead to pretty deep self-examination kind of stuff. Something I don't think I do a ton of on here. I have found that I mostly criticize people and society...but not myself...So anyway I thought it would make for an interesting blog post.

Q: Why do I procrastinate school work?
A: Cuz there are a million things I'd rather do.
Q: Why are those things better?
A: Cuz those things involved girls, and fun, and food.
Q: What's better about those things than school?
A: Everything.
Q: Why?
A: Cuz school is boring and I have lame classes that I'm not interested in and I hate busy work.
Q: Why aren't I interested in my classes?
A: Cuz there are all these dumb things I have to take before I can take the classes about stuff that I like. And even the classes that are about stuff I do like, they still fill with lame busy work that is lame.
Q: What's busy work exactly?
A: Anything that's not necessary. Stupid little worksheets about stuff we learned in high school. Dumb iclicker quizzes to pad the grades of people who don't know how to prepare for a tests and inhibit those of us that do.  Group assignments where I wana rip my hair out cuz the rest of the group are morons and I get stuck with most of the work.
Q: Why do I get stuck with most of the work?
A:Cuz I volunteer for stuff too easily. When a task gets tossed out there and no one jumps at it I always have to take the bullet and do it. And then when someone falls through I pick up their slack so I don't feel guilty for pushing it off on other people.
Q: Why would that make me feel guilty?
A: I dunno...cuz I like complicating my own life.
Q: Why do I like complicating my own life?
A: Well I don't LIKE complicating my life but at least I'm not all idle and stuff when I have a lot going on.
Q: So I want to have a lot going on?
A: I guess in a way yeah. I'd rather be busy than sit around all day.
Q: Why?
A: Cuz when I sit around all day I get into trouble
Q: what kind of trouble?
A: Well a lot of stuff, I eat a ton...I watch...things on TV that are in no way uplifting...I text people a lot and we talk about nothing and it get's confusing.
Q: Why's it get confusing?
A: Cuz it's hard to know what people mean in text messages. You can't hear the inflections in their voice or see their body language or be sure when they are being sarcastic. Cuz lets face it most of what's said in a conversation is not said in words.
Q: Why don't I just call people then?
A: Cuz people might be in class. or in the middle of something important. Also I have serious issues understanding people on the phone. Heck I have serious issues understanding people in person sometimes.

And thats enough of that....you get the idea. It could go on forever. Maybe next time I'll do something a bit deeper. like Q: Why do I trivialize anything deep? Why can't I openly spill my guts to ANYONE? Like the people who read my blog?....yeah that'd be good. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment