Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, October 30, 2009

Ramblings on cold weather *chills*

I served as a missionary in Recife Brazil for 2 years. I was more or less 8 degrees form the equator the whole time. It was HOT. But I did not serve there by accident. I like to think that I had some influence on the Lord's decision to send me there, because I prayed really really really hard when i sent in my mission papers (application type thing) that I wouldn't go anywhere cold. And it worked. Prayer works.

However years later when I had moved home I prayed and asked him another question. I asked him if I should move to Provo and go to BYU. He said I should. At the time I didn't really think about the weather because it was summer/spring time and  warm. However now that it is snowing outside, I remember that I really hate cold weather and that winters here are dang cold. This is no bueno.

I'm from Colorado so I am no stranger to cols weather. That does not mean that I enjoy it however. Somehow everything hurts more when it's cold. Somehow everything from getting out of bed to showering takes longer when it's cold. But most of all I get all goosebumpy and shivery and I hate that. I hate the cold wind blowing in my face until I can no longer feel my nose. I like being able to feel the different parts of my body and know that they are still functioning. I do not like wondering just how long I have left until my fingers and/or toes fall off.

Now cold weather does have its merits. There are snowball fights, snowboarding, sledding, snow angels, snowmen,  ice skating with pretty girls, and that awesome feeling of walking out of the cold and into a heated building...but that's about it. Everything else about it sucks. So now that winter is upon me...I'm looking for reasons to like it...because maybe if I can find enough reasons to like it then I will hate it just a tiny bit less and hate myself a tiny bit less for choosing to live in such a cold place. Until I can find a certain amount of things to like about it...Well I'm just gonna have to rely on the fact that the big guy upstairs told me that this is wheere I should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment